Lifeline Home Phone Service
- Free Activation*
- Free Month of Home Phone*
- Free Long Distance**
- Service from $21/mo*
*Lifeline is for qualified low income families who are currently participating in a
government assistance program such as Section 8 Housing, Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc, (see qualifying programs listed
below), or who have a total household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Promotions and pricing vary by state and carrier. Service is available for those living in the AT&T area of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Texas. Check rates in your area.
** Free Long Distance is not available in all states
Qualifying Government Assistance Programs
The programs listed below are examples of some of the qualifying programs. Qualifications can vary by state. Check your states qualifications on the enrollment form.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP fka Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing (Section 8)
- Veteran’s Pension or Survivor’s Pension Benefit
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Headstart - Tribal (Income Only)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
If you are currently enrolled in at least one of the programs listed, you may qualify for Lifeline government assisted home phone service. You can also qualify for Lifeline based on your household income if it is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
To get the discounted Lifeline rate, we will need a signed self certification form from you, and proof of your participation in at least one of the above qualifying programs or, if qualifying based on income, proof of household income. Self certification forms that you can fill out on-line are included in the on-line ordering process. If you need a paper form because you placed your order over the phone, follow the "lifeline forms" tab at the top of this page.
To get the Lifeline and Linkup discounts in Texas, you must have submitted a Lite-Up texas application with the Texas PUC. Once your Lite-Up Texas application has been approved, we will be notified by the Texas LIDA that you are now eligible for the Lifeline subsidy and you will see that discount on your bill.
Your best choice for Lifeline Home Phone Service
Government Assisted Lifeline Home Phone Service
$20.24 / mo*
*Plus taxes and fees. Prices vary by carrier and state. $20.24 is for Lifeline government assisted plans.
Get your Lifeline Home Phone
- No Deposit
- No Credit Check
- No Contract
- No ID Required
- Voice grade access to the public switched network
- Dual ton multi-frequency signaling or its functional equivalent
- Local usage
- Single-party service or its functional equivalent
- Access to operator services
- Access to emergency services
- Access to interexchange service
- Access to directory assistance
- Toll limitation for qualifying low-income consumers