Lifeline Assistance Program
- Low Activation cost*
- Free Month of Service*
- Free Long Distance*
This offer is for Lifeline telephone service and is valid for those low income families currently receiving some form of government assistance and living in the AT&T (formerly BellSouth) service area of participating states.
or Call our Sales Hotline
* Promotions vary by state and carrier. Basic Service for the lifeline program starting the second month from $20.70/mo. in states participating in the free month of service promotion.
Qualifying Government Programs
- SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing (Section 8)
- Veteran’s Pension or Survivor’s Pension Benefit
Qualifications can vary by state. Check your state's qualifications on the enrollment form.
If you are participating in one or more of the programs listed above, you may qualify for government assisted home telephone service. We will need a signed self-certification form from you as well as proof of participation in one of the qualifying programs before we can process your order (except Texas residents). If qualifying for Lifeline based on household income, you must provide acceptable proof of income. All documentation for proof of program participation and income is NOT retained by us. It will be destroyed immediately after it has been reviewed and verification has been made. Certification forms can be submitted electronically during the on-line ordering process or printed from this website and sent in. Proof of participation documents must be mailed, faxed, texted, or emailed.
Texas Customers - You must certify with the Low Income Discount Administrator (LIDA) using the
(form needs to be filed with LITE-UP Texas. Follow the instructions on the form).
The LIDA (Solix) will inform us of your eligibility and you will then get the Lifeline discount if you aren't already receiving it. If you are already receiving the Lifeline discount and the LIDA informs us that you are not eligible, you will no longer get the discount and your rate will be adjusted.
All Other States - Once we receive the signed form with the appropriate documentation (where necessary), we'll process your order.
Lifeline Telephone Service
$21 / mo
Prices quoted are including the Lifeline program discount and vary by carrier and area. $20.24/mo in most states. Taxes and fees apply.
- Voice grade access to the public switched network
- Dual ton multi-frequency signaling or its functional equivalent
- Local usage
- Single-party service or its functional equivalent
- Access to operator services
- Access to emergency services
- Access to interexchange service
- Access to directory assistance
- Toll limitation for qualifying low-income consumers